Funding provided by Microsoft Research Ltd, TWAS and AAS encourage the organization of scientific activities related to computer science in Africa by offering financial assistance to the organizers of conferences, workshops, symposia and special meetings held in Africa.
Grants are offered for meetings in the field of Computer Science.
Microsoft Research Ltd, TWAS and AAS
The support is normally provided in the form of travel grants for principal speakers from abroad and/or participants from developing countries other than the country where the meeting is held. Supported speakers should be from not-for-profit research organizations. The amount provided does not exceed Euro 4,000.
Eligibility of Applicants
TWAS, AAS and Microsoft Research Ltd. only consider applications made by the organizers of international and regional scientific meetings being held in Africa.
Employees of TWAS, AAS and Microsoft Research Ltd., as well as employees of other industry research laboratories and anyone involved in the administration of this award, are not eligible.
TWAS, AAS and Microsoft Research Ltd. do not provide support to individual scientists wishing to attend a scientific event, even if the event is taking place in a developing country.
Local authorities must share in the responsibility for the event and should give proper support. Each application must show at least a (conditional) matching contribution from local sources.
How to Apply
* Download the application form (Word document; see link at the bottom, under “Related Content”) and complete it on your computer.
* Complete the electronic application form using any word-processing programme.
* The first page of the application must be signed.
* Incomplete and/or unsigned applications cannot be considered.
* The application form should be completed in all its parts and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* TWAS will acknowledge receipt of an application within two weeks. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within this period please contact:
Mrs M.T. Mahdavi
TWAS, ICTP Campus
Strada Costiera 11
34014 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39-040-2240325; Fax: +39-040-224559; E-mail: email@example.com
Deadline extended to 1 March 2011 for meetings to be held between July and December 2011.
Further Scholarship Information and Application